Have you checked out Pinterest yet? It is an awesome website that lets you ‘pin’ images from any page on the internet like a giant cork board – but even better. You can organize your pins by subject (aka ‘boards’) and have as many as you would like. So you can separate your knitting pins from your crochet pins, as well as from your home décor pins and recipes. You can also see all the wonderful pins that others have put on their boards and follow people (or just their boards) whose interests mimic yours. In good conscience, I can’t tell you about this wonderful website without a warning – it can be a giant time suck. You tell yourself that you are going to hop over there for a few minutes to look at knitting pins and four hours later you are looking at pins on how to fix your car window (even if you don’t own a car).
Classic Elite Yarns now has a Pinterest page that we would love to share with you. You can find it here or by searching Classic Elite Yarns in the Pinners section. We are adding stuff everyday including information about our current yarns, an overview of our most recent (free) web letter patterns, images from our Fall and Spring 2013 collections, customers’ finished objects and more. Stop by and check them out. And make sure you follow all our boards so you can see what we add on a regular basis!
To celebrate our Pinterest page, we are having a contest we are calling Pin it to Win it! We want you to pin your favorite items from the CEY Fall 2013 collection, and you may win enough yarn to make that item.
Here are the rules:
- The contest runs from Sept 1 – 30, 2013. Only entries during this timeframe will be considered.
- Follow Classic Elite Yarns on Pinterest.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your Pinterest name and email address (so we can contact you if you win!)
- Pin any image from our Fall 2013 collection with a quick description of what you like about the item; add the hashtag #CEYfav. You MUST use the hashtag to enter (otherwise we won’t be able to see your entry). Here is an example:
- Images may be pinned from our website or Ravelry.
- You may pin more than one item, but each person will only be entered once.
- Winner will be drawn at random.
- Winner will be contacted via email no later than October 4, 2013.
- The winner will be announced on this blog on October 9, 2013.
- Prizes are subject to availability
- By entering, you give Classic Elite Yarns permission to use your first name and likeness on all of our social media sites (Pinterest, Ravelry, Facebook and Twitter)
- Void where prohibited by law.
One more awesome thing, normally our contests are only open to residents of the United States and Canada, but for this one we are opening it up to everyone – whether you live in Ohio or Australia!
So what are you waiting for? If you don’t already have a Pinterest account, signup today.
Knit on! Or Pin on! Or both!